Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Now that I have your attention

I suppose I should say that I regret cutting off my blog and denying myself the opportunity to show off the interesting assignments that are taking place out here on the West Coast.
I could have started down a road to become the "Graham Henstock" of the U.S.

But what would be the fun in that?

If I served every juicy detail of my Neurocam adventures on a silver platter for the curious eyes of the blogging community to feast upon, that would just suck an element of intrigue and mystery out of it...at least for the ones reading the blogs.
Even other operatives are withholding a significant amount of information (I'm looking at you, Mr. Avery "Bombshell Droppin" Cardoza. Lady J. You too, Constance).
Perhaps even more than we realize.

The blogging trend seems to be a self-destructive cycle:
People seek out this little community, hungering for information, starving to know more of what they are too impatient to wait to find out for themselves.
Yet, once they get their own hands on something unique, they start to doubt and wonder whether they really should share it with the others. And then they become resolute simply not to share it at all, or only a little.
One could say that some derive a certain strange pleasure from the giving and witholding of information.
It is a prominant throughout all of this, because we know very well that it is part of Neurocam's modus operandi.
(Note: The above conjectures are simply conjectures. They relate in no way to me)

Now you ask: "Did you get any pleasure out of it?"
I say: "Not at all."

Well, then why did you do it?
Because I thought I might gain something.

Was there anything to gain from it?
Honestly I don't know at this point.

For now, I'll look at it as a loss on my part.
A type of detachment from the "group" that was perhaps created unnecessarily.

Of course, as always, there are instances where Neurocam forbids you to say anything at all.
I'm not overlooking that.

Keeping that in mind:
It seems as though I've had my chance, and I chose to wait it out in silence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon Blackmoore said...

It's never too late to start talking too much. ;)

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home