Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

We know where you live

So remember how I said I was e-mailing our buddy Maxwell Knight? Yeah. I sent him something, and he replied a while ago. And even though his response provided some assurance, two concerns at opposite ends of the spectrum have now surfaced.

Dear Mr. Knight,
Since your are head of the Human Resources and Security Devision, I have no doubt that you possess knowledge of all the current Neurocam operatives. With that in mind, and recognizing the fact that I was accepted as an official Neurocam operative as of today, I have a couple of questions for you:
1) Is there any more detailed information you require about the area I live in and how it influences mission proximity and my ability to get to certain locations? Los Angeles is a very large city, and it would be quite problematic for me to drive all the way out to someplace such as Woodland Hills or any other remote location that the city of "Los Angeles" encompasses.
2) Would it also be beneficial if you had some other form of contact with me as an operative besides electronic mail which can be utilized in more demanding situations? I have heard from some of the other operatives that they were contacted by cellular telephone for further information during assignments and such.
I hope your response will provide some more insight into these matters.
Best Regards,
-Midnight

To which he replied:

Dear Operative Midnight,

Welcome to the Neurocam team!

To address your queries - Your offer to provide additional location data
in appreciated. Although there is no need to be completely specific, any
additional data you are able to provide will be noted in your file and
taken into consideration during the planning of assignments.

In addition, at present we do not require you to provide Neurocam with
additional contact details. In the event that the procurement of such
details is deemed necessary, you will be informed of that fact via e-mail.

Regards,

Maxwell Knight
Head, Human Resources Security Division
Neurocam International
maxwell.knight@neurocam.com


Back to those concerns of mine:
1) Neurocam is so on top of things that they don't even need to find out where their operatives are, because they already know. Either that, or their roots are so extensive that it doesn't matter where you're situated. Scary thought.
-or-
2) Neurocam is willing to take the gamble of not having any clue where their operatives are located, beyond the general area of an immensely large city like New York or Los Angeles.

Right now, I'm kind of hoping that it's the first one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too wonder how things will unfold for us, the Neurocam operatives on the other side of the pond.

It seems that not that many people here in the states have heard about the Cam as in Australia. That coupled with the difference in size from U.S. to Australia makes me wonder how they are going to organize and plan our assignments. I guess what I'm saying is basically what you were asking Maxwell.

How many people around you know about the Cam. 1...2…? Around here 0 and I am fairly confident in that.

I am very anxious to see what will happen.

I know that as this gets talked about more and more in North America it will catch on.

If you ask me I hope it’s the first scenario also.


Take care


M.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home